FLEE TO HIGHER GROUND AGAIN!

Hurricane Ike is here. It is here!! Right here!!!! Right now!!!! KahZOW!!!!!!

Just when Gustav was in full force about a week ago, Ike was bearing down on his hiney! Everyone evacuated the Gulf Coast and I couldn't deliver my load! So the people there didn't even have any plan for what I was to do! (Hmmmmph said the camel!-Rudyard Kipling) The load was picked up in West Memphis, AR and then hastily taken to Liberty, TX where I was greeted by a lone secrity guard who was the only inhabitant of the entire facility.

What to do now. The customer didn't know what to do and I didn't know what to do or who to call. Luckily a solution was acquired by the fact that another of the companies branches north of where the storm was hitting was able to unload the stuff. So now I sit and wait patiently on the FEMA list. Waiting and watching the news. At least the truck runs great. He He He

No comments: